Pendapalooza survival guide – What it’s all about and how to make it through the day
Posted by mandyf on March 23, 2012
Pendapalooza time is here again – this time it is Pendapalooza VII. A lot of people still don’t know what Pendapalooza is so we’ll cover that real quick and give you a few tips on how you can get the most out of Pendapalooza. Just be warned – Pendapalooza is addictive. Pendapalooza is a game changer for a lot of players because it can drastically change the way you can play the game going forward. With that said – it only works long term if you play nice.
What is Pendapalooza?
Pendapalooza is a 24 hour extravaganza of share buying. That is what it is on the surface at least. On a deeper level, it is about making new connections. EAv is about networking and to that end, this is an event which gives you the opportunity to meet more people in one day than you may over the course of a month depending on your level of normal activity. It is also all about the simple concept of paying it forward, which is Pendapalooza in a nutshell.
Or as John Gushue put it:
“It’s an opportunity for many players, especially newer ones, to be bought, and for more seasoned investors to spend – that is, helping out others while finding new investments. It’s a positive, active, 24-hour buy-a-thon, and it’s all about paying it forward”
What do I do?
The day usually begins with some very generous players buying shares in other players that are taking part in the event who are not as game wealthy. Those players that received the investment turn around and invest it in someone else – ideally sitting lower than them. As it is drawn up, the wealth trickles down. The more investments that are made in you, the more you have to invest. It is a simple concept that works great. Everyone comes out a winner.
So what are the rules?
** The rules are simple. Register for Pendapalooza at the community group – that’s your first step.
** Be a good egg! Don’t be a hog and hoard all the eaves you get from investments. Pay it forward! Spread it around!
** Don’t just blow through the missions people offer. It’s poor form and bad for your karma.
** Have a good time! You’re going to meet some great people – make the most of it!
(Note: These are just MY rules)
How do I prepare for Pendapalooza?
Preparation for Pendapalooza is pretty straightforward. I’ll provide my prep plan – feel free to amend to your own needs.
1. Six 2-liter bottles of fully caffeinated Coca~Cola Classic and 8 pots of coffee.
2. A 24 pack of No-Doze
3. 8 bags of assorted Lays chips.
4. 1 Jar of kosher dill pickles.
5. A portable chemical toilet. (keep some sani wipes close by too)
6. Any phone with a minimum of 4 food delivery places on speed dial.
7. Somewhere in the area of 5-8 lbs. of beef jerky (assorted varieties)
8. Extra batteries if you use an optical mouse.
9. The number for a young priest and an old priest in case you need to be talked down after realizing you just missed a monster mission.
1. Personally, I like a pad and pen handy to jot down names because sometimes things move really fast and it helps to have someplace to keep a quick note.
2. Keep some food and beverage handy so you can snack at your leisure without feeling like you’re “missing” anything.
3. Let your family know you have something going on so they aren’t wondering why you disappeared.
4. Bring a good attitude and a generous spirit. That is the biggest thing!
The event will start at 10 a.m. Eastern (2 p.m. UTC, 7 a.m. Pacific) on Saturday March 24, and run for a full 24 hours. Consult and compare local times here: